The 48 Film Festival (aka. The 48)is a brand new Canada-wide short filmmaking challenge and festival spearheaded byBen Williams and Guy Maddin. For one weekend, participants will write, shoot, direct, score, edit and finish a short film in 48 hours.
For filmmakers on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands,CineVicis resurrecting theFilm Slam name from our time-crunch filmmaking challenges in the early 2000s.
Filmmakers who register and complete their film by the deadline will be screened locally in each participating province and territory, then the top 2 films selected from each province and territory will appear together on the big screen at theTIFF Bell Lightboxin Toronto in March 2022.
• Limited spots available!
• Individuals or teams may register to make a film.
• Finished film can be up to 4 minutes maximum running time including credits.
• Filmmakers who submit a finished film by the deadline will be included in the online screening and will receive an artist screening fee.
• Equipment and insurance are not provided but our rentals are first-come first-served. Be sure tobook your gearafter registering!
• At the start time, filmmakers will receive an email containing a theme and the “key” which includes items, elements, and techniques that must appear in your film (this ensures everyone starts at the same time).
• Please note: CineVic’s edition of this event is intended for participants from Vancouver Island or the Gulf Islands. For information on how to participate in other editions in your region, visitwww.the48filmfest.ca
Key is revealed + filming begins:
Friday June 11th 2021 @ 6:00pm
Film submission deadline:
Sunday June 13th 2021 @ 6:00pm
Friday June 18th 2021 (details TBA)